sábado, 13 de noviembre de 2010

Micky Yoochun “For The First Time, I Feel Greedy About My Work”


“Lyric writing. Composing. Singing. Acting. I want to do it all properly.”

(Seoul=Yeonhap News) Reporter Yoon Go Eun = “For the first time since my debut, I feel greedy about my work. Till now, the feeling of being pulled this way and that was strong, but now I feel like I am the one doing my work and I really want to do well.”

This is what JYJ’s Micky Yoochun(24), who successfully debuted as an actor through the drama ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’, said recently in his interview with Yeonhap News as he showed his fired up ambitions for future activities in the entertainment industry.

When asked ‘Where is the limit to your talents?’, as he has branched out from writing lyrics, composing and singing to acting, he stated that, “I’m doing this and that but I don’t have anything that I’ve properly made my mark in. Although it would be nice to do so in all four fields at the same time, that’s hard to accomplish so I want to slowly make my mark one by one. I want to excel in all four of those fields.”

With JYJ’s showcases overlapping with the final leg of filming for ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’, he had to accommodate himself to a superhuman schedule. He properly experienced how hard it is to juggle singing and acting at the same time.

“I had to practice the choreography for the showcase on the set of ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’ in HyangGyo, Jeonju. Because I had no time to drive up to Seoul, the team had to drive down and practice the moves with me in between filming when I had time off. It was really tiring. I had to learn the choreography for three songs in two days. So I wasn’t confident at all when it came time for me to stand on stage during the showcase. Phew… I don’t even remember how it went. I think if two big things overlap like that in the future, I wouldn’t be able to do it again. I think I have to be careful on how I modify my schedule.”

Micky Yoochun, who lived in Virginia from Grade 6 to 11 until he moved back to Korea, became Asia’s top star as a member of TVXQ. However, when he gave up the name of TVXQ last year and created JYJ with YoungWoong Jaejoong and Xiah Junsu, he experienced a great deal of change and stress from his decision and he still doesn’t feel fully freed from the decision.

“Nowadays, it’s gotten much better but when it first began, I was so stressed that I could barely sleep. I was so stressed that I couldn’t remember the last time my heart had felt at ease. However, I think it’s best if I see the situation from both sides. I absolutely do not regret the decision that I made. Though I do get stressed and I have many things to worry about, I’m happy because I’ve begun to feel greedy about my work.”


Regarding JYJ, the name of the new group he formed, he stated that, “Yes, we all had thoughts of creating a better and cooler name, but we felt there was no need to be extravagant when it came to starting afresh.”

JYJ was created by taking the initials of the members’ names in English.

JYJ recently release their worldwide album ‘The Beginning’ and began promoting it through various activities. This album, which famous US producers Kanye West and Rodney Jerkins participated in, holds a total of eight tracks included an intro piece.

“Though this may sound cliche, we filled this album with music that we really wanted to make. While working on the album, I was able to feel that Kanye West is definitely a worldwide star, and I could see just how much effort and preparation he put into his work even when no one was watching. Rodney Jerkins doesn’t feel like an American. He has a defined Oriental mind, and he knows exactly what he’s good at and what his strong points are.”

Before their album debut, JYJ graced the front cover of the US Billboard magazine. Though it was advertisement they had to pay for, it wasn’t advertisement that anyone could do.

“It was so cool to see ourselves on the cover of Billboard magazine. It’s a magazine I had always read when I was in the US, and to see us on it, and to see an introduction of us when we visited the Billboard homepage made me feel happy and proud.”

Micky Yoochun stated, “There are many things I have to do and want to do in the future,” and “I will work hard with a happy and thankful heart.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario